Friday, July 16, 2010

Unemployment Benefits

There's a list of things that I enjoy while being unemployed, I'll make a list:
  • Not having to get the car in the morning to go to work
  • Not having to drive into the traffic-jam at the same time as all other people
  • Not having to have smalltalk with colleague about what I did last night
  • Not having to pretend to work, and instead browsing reddit all the time
  • Not having to eat fast food in 30mn and pretend that it is okay for my health
  • Not having endless meeting with a boss, that has nothing but hatred toward his employes
  • Not having endless training session and trying to stay awake as the trainer is talking about licensing mode of a product.
  • Not having to fill worksheet on how I spend my time at work (and cheat)
  • Not having to answer customer calls and forcing myself to stay quiet, while I listen to their complaints or rants.
  • Not having to use Windows Vista (corporate official OS)
  • Not having to use Outlook, or Internet Explorer (because they're mandatory corporate tools)
  • Not receiving "confidential mail" with actually no information or no content worth the time to read them
  • Not being part of a stupid corporate environment that made me feel empty and dead inside
  • Not having to drive back home at the same time as all the working force on the whole planet, participating to the environmental pollution once again, and pretend it's okay because everybody do that.
And it's only from the top of my head ... I bet I can do better ... Yes, there's one more :
  • Actually being able to open NSFW links from reddit during the day
But yeah, I missed receiving a paycheck.
I guess the old saying is true "you can't have one cake and eat it too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment