Thursday, July 8, 2010

The risk of not knowing "What You Want"

I'm still struggling to find the big plan and there's a trap I'm trying to avoid as much as possible lately and it's to be busy doing things, not knowing why I'm doing them for on the big picture.

Being without a real job means my spare time is like a blank sheet of paper and for mysterious reason I don't like emptiness - which lead me into filling the blank with doodles - that in real life means I'm getting busy or getting distracted doing unnecessary things ... The ugly fact is that it keeps away my mind to answer the most difficult question I'm struggling to find : What do I really want to do.

A few things I'm considering are :
Start painting again
Start learning a foreign language
Freelancing
etc ...

And after 5mn of introspection I found myself "googling" after something and inevitably ending up on reddit, facebook or again watching youtube videos and wasting my precious time.

Reading this post : Defining Success: If You Don't Know What You Want, You Won't Know When You've Gotten It - Helped me to put some ideas on paper - next post will be more optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment