Friday, September 29, 2023

Last summer

My name is Shimsmimshmimamimasmam I am a tree in the Californian region. I have seen many summers come and go, but this past summer was one of the hottest and driest on record. The days were long and scorching, and the nights were barely any cooler. The ground beneath me was parched, and my leaves were wilted and brown.

Despite the heat and drought, I managed to survive. I sent my roots deep into the ground in search of water, and I spread my leaves wide to catch every breeze. I also relied on the help of my fellow trees. We worked together to shade each other from the sun and to share nutrients and water.

Even though this summer was difficult, it was also a time of great growth and change. I learned to adapt to the new conditions, and I became stronger and more resilient as a result. I also gained a new appreciation for the importance of community and cooperation.

I am a tree, and I am strong. But I am quite nervous about these moving twigs, they are a strange and curious species. They build great cities and machines, but they also destroy their own environment. They cut down forests, pollute the air and water, and cause climate change.

I am worried about the future of the planet. I am worried about the future of my children. I hope that humans will learn to live in harmony with nature before it is too late. 



We can all do our part to help protect the trees. We can plant trees in our yards and communities. We can reduce our paper consumption and recycle paper products. We can support organizations that are working to protect forests and the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment