Friday, March 25, 2011

Winning : rethinking the daily routine



Lately I'm trying to get rid of bad habits - like browsing the net for hours, and procrastinating ...

My daily routine (that I've carefully designed some months ago) is getting nowhere, and I'm pretty sure that if I'm setting up a nice work environment, I can have things done.


My initial idea, was that I'd start an account on blogger, facebook and even tumblr and some other website, to post some of my work - the end result, is I'm spending most of my time browsing and reblogging stuffs I like, instead of producing new stuffs.

What could I change in my life, that could make a tremendous change ?

I remember that question from a coach manager - Usually being so afraid of someone thinking I'm doing nothing I jump on the first thing to get me busy and ... end up getting very busy doing nothing.

Does this make any sense ? I think I should stop for a while, and disconnect ... maybe for a week or two. Last time, it helped ...

Time to re-read the "7th habits" a book written by Stephen R. Covey - and it has many good insights ; building a method or a series of habits designed to make you successful,  you've got to realize first that you're the programmer of your life, then you have to think of the program you want to run (the end result), then write it (that's the daily routine) and basically run the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment